I recently learned about Birchbox from Missglamorazzi on YouTube. Basically, you pay a membership fee of $10 a month and Birchbox sends you a box of deluxe samples every month. You can fill out your “Beauty Profile” so they can customize some of the samples that they send you. If you end up liking one of the products, you can purchase it through Birchbox and receive free shipping.
I love the idea of deluxe samples because buying beauty products is such a gamble, especially if the store is strict about return policies. Because of Birchbox, you can try out different products without committing to buy the full sized version.
Here’s what arrived in my first Birchbox package:
I love the brown cardboard box that the samples come in. I plan to keep a few for who knows what (the mild hoarder in me..hehe)
Another thing that I’m thrilled about..Birchbox includes a postcard describing each product, how to use it and the price of the full sized version! Below is what was on the postcard, verbatim.
- Befine, Night Cream: Upgrade your nighttime routine with this lush cream – cocoa spurs circulation, while rice bran keeps skin supple and healthy. $30
- myfaceworks, Sheet Mask: Instant gratification. This one-time-use face mask is a mini-facial – you’ll be glowy and relaxed in under fifteen minutes. $55
- NARS, Orgasm Illuminator: This peachy pink highlighter adds a subtle gleam to your favorite features – swipe it on cheeks, browbones, anywhere! $29
- Pomega5, Daily Revitalizing Concentrate: Apply this pomegranate oil-packed treatment morning and night for smoother, brighter, healthier skin. $47
- Birchbox Treat: sweetriot Chocolate-Covered Cacao Nibs: Tiny treats with a big conscience. All ingredients are responsibly sourced, and the recyclable tins feature limited edition artwork.
Woohoo I’m so excited! I’m especially excited for the sheet masks and the NARS Orgasm Illuminator! If you want to see previous Birchbox samples, check out Missglamorazzi’s Youtube page and look for her Birchbox videos.