When it comes to using products, I am not a creature of habit. I am constantly shopping for newer and better things. I’ll love something for a short period of time then I’ll move on the next one. So when there is a product that I purchase more than once, that means it worked well enough for me to use the previous product completely and I loved it enough to not look for something better.
Here are those products:
- Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 – I’ve been wearing this every day for at least a year. It’s natural and mineral-based. The product is thin, non-greasy and dries to almost a smooth powder finish. There’s no hint of white after you spread it over your face. Oh, and there’s no coppertone sunblock smell haha. I just love it. I don’t see it on the Clarins website but do see another similar product on Sephora’s website. They may have reformulated it. I’ll probably try the new one after I run out of the original one (I have like 2 backups, that’s how much I love it lol)
- Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo – I started using this shampoo after I got a digital perm almost a year ago. It makes my hair feel clean without stripping it of moisture. You only need a small amount and it lathers really well. I love how “fluffy” it makes my thin hair feel. Even my boyfriend likes it. He was surprised at the softness and volume in his hair after he used it once.
- Frederic Fekkai Protein RX Deep Nourishing Conditioner – This is a conditioner that I’ve used in the past and came back to after the digital perm. There’s nothing really special about it, but I’ve always trusted it for my hair.
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash – I used to switch up my body washes all the time but I’ve come to really like this one and I’m on my second bottle. I love the smell of lavender but it’s light and fresh. It doesn’t “calm” me or anything, I just like the scent.
- Aquaphor – The one product I cannot live without. Obsessed, in love, dependent on, etc, etc, etc.
- Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam – A hairstylist used this on me 2 years ago and I’ve used it ever since. This is the ONLY product that truly gives my root volume without feeling nasty or leaving product buildup. I also put a little bit on my bangs before styling them. If I don’t, my bangs are frizzly and gross. I then will put some in the roots of my hair and then blow dry. There is a definite difference in volume if I don’t use this product.
- Paul Mitchell Sculpting Spray – I used to use this to provide light, non-crunchy hold to my digi-perm. Now I use it to style my bangs after blow drying them.
- Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion – I just really like the texture of this lotion. I don’t like lotion that is too greasy or too water-y (like Vaseline brand). This one is just perfect for me. What else can I say about lotion? haha.
As you can see, I haven’t really included cosmetic products in the list above. This is because I’m just always buying new things and I haven’t had a chance to see if I will repurchase any products that I already have. Some possible contenders might be: Urban Decay Naked Palette, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (more on this soon! I am loving this cheap $5 mascara!)..wow I think that’s it.