Below is my current skincare routine in the morning:
- Wash face with Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Cleansing Cream
- Pat on Lancome Genifique
- Apply Clarins UV Plus Day Screen Protection SPF 40 to face and neck
- Pat on Creme de la Mer under eyes
- Pat on Josie Maran 100% Organic Argan Oil
Below is my current skincare routine in the evening:
- Remove eye makeup with Lancome Bi-Facil
- Remove face makeup by rubbing Origins Cleansing Oil all over face, then applying water to emulsify
- Wash face with Philosophy Purity Made Simple
- Use a cotton ball to gently rub Origins Purifying Tonic
- Pat on Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair
- Pat on Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Acid
- Pat on Creme de la Mer under eyes, middle of forehead and expression lines on cheeks
- Apply Lancome Primordiale Night Skin Recharge to neck and decolette
I’m sure I don’t need all these products but I use them and layer them all anyway. Eight steps are a lot to complete when I’m tired at night but I see my skincare routine as a time to pamper my skin.
A tip for layering skincare products: Per the advice of dermatologists, it is okay to layer on different products. As a rule of thumb, start with the thinnest or the most easily absorbed product and work your way to the thicker products. Let each dry in between applications.
Most effective products: Lancome Bi-Facil, Origins Cleansing Oil, Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Acid
Products that I’m not sure about its effects: Creme de la Mer (so sad!!), Estee Lauder Advance night Repair, Lancome Genifique, Clarisonic (I didn’t list it because I use it randomly. I don’t think it does anything for me)
Products I will not repurchase but I am just using up: Origins Purifying Tonic, Lancome Primordiale Night Skin Recharge
Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Acid has been a great find! It has improved my skin and my boyfriend’s skin. I will do a separate post on this in the future. Also, I ordered Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, which was recommended by “nurberxo” on YouTube. I’m excited to try it and I’ll let you know how it is.