While my makeup collection consists of mostly higher-end brands (“high-end” being relative), there are some products from the drugstore that I’ve tried and that I really like. Within the past month or two, I’ve ditched my “brand snob” ways and opened my mind to drugstore makeup. They really have come a long way since I remember from junior high. Here are a few of my favorites and can be found at drugstores such as Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, etc.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: I love this powder for setting my foundation. It keeps me relatively oil-free for most of the day. Also, it’s so CHEAP! I bought one on Ulta.com for $4 and some change and I picked up another color at Target for $6 I think. It’s worth its own review post (coming soon)!
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (Waterproof): I’ve raved enough about this mascara on this blog. Here’s a past review.
- Milani Liquif’eye pencil: This smudges on me but I really like the black one because of the color intensity. It compares to Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. Both pencils are extremely black and look great on the upper waterline. I also have this in brown for my “minimal” makeup days.
- Essie nail polish: I love the range of colors available and you can get these for $8 at your local Wal-Mart or Target. I prefer these over OPI.
- Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm (clear and pink): I highly, highly, super, totally, absolutely recommend these lip balms. They are an alternative Holy Grail to my beloved Aquaphor. I find myself applying this more than Aquaphor because it’s quick and easy in its stick form rather than having to squeeze out Aquaphor onto my finger. I love both clear and the pink one, which adds a nice hint of pink to your lips.
Below are drugstore makeup products that I just bought and I’m excited to try out. Both have really good reviews and they satisfy my weird obsession with trying new foundations!